Monday, January 11, 2016

I Owe Him My Life



My life is not perfect, but it’s MY life.

It’s full of lessons, trials, joy, tribulations, grief, adventure, sadness, confusion, pain and so much more.
I have tested murky waters with the tip of my toe, and other days I have swam in the deep end. 
I have loved the wrong people, and shunned the right people.
I have jumped into black pits of misery, and I have climbed the tallest ladders to joy.
I have laid eyes on beauty rival of my wildest dreams, and breathed in air so pure - life seemed like a dream. 

I have learned that good doesn’t always mean right, and pain always equals hope.
Perseverance and I are on a first name basis, but history seems to always repeat itself.
I have eaten the forbidden fruit, and let the sweet nectar blind my eyes from all that is good.
I have ungratefully escaped death’s grip; and foolishly tested him as well.
I have received love to rival the most infamous heroines, but it never seems to outweigh the black love the penetrates your mind and body.
I shouldn’t be writing this today, but I’m here. Why?
Because of Him.

You see, there’s a man who saved me.

He warned me to stop when I tested the murky waters, and stood nearby with a lifevest and towel after my deep sea swim. 

He provided me with a Kleenex when the tears in my eyes had no end, and smiled when I finally learned to make the right decisions. 

He threw down a ladder when the black pits of misery prevented me from finding an exit, and then pushed me up the ladder to joy on the other side.

He stood by and held my hand when I experienced true beauty for the first time, and he calmed my anxiety when I breathed in the pureness around me thereafter. 

He fought for me with his Father when my decisions tainted my first, second and third impressions; and He helped ease the pain when life was too hard to hold on to.

He patiently reminded me that he would never grow tired of me replaying my favorite song; and when I had my fill, he introduced me to a life changing genre. 

While he constantly warned me of my intolerance to the sweet fruits calling my name, he always stayed by my side when the adverse effects came over me. 

He removed the blinders when my one-track mind took control, and revealed to me a life outside of my goals. 

He protected me when the tons of steel could not, and jolted me awake when my body gave in to the slumber. 

He reminded me that I’m capable of love no matter what the world says, and proved to his father the same. 

The man who saved me.  The man I owe everything to...

He is also the man who died for me. 

He died for the good that resides in me and he died for the bad that took over me.  He saved me from the wrath of his father, who revealed to me 'He loved me before He knew me’. His love for me has no earthly ties, for His love shines on me from the bluest of skies. 

This man redefined perseverance. This man gave me a whole new meaning for hope.  
This man was my saving grace. 
This man is my saving grace. 

My life is not perfect, but it's HIS life. 

Inspired by: Romans 5