Thursday, December 12, 2013

It only took 30 years for me to figure it out!

2013 is almost over and I've realized that I've had a blessed year. I've traveled, spent valuable time with family, partied with friends, loved, cried, pushed myself, added family members, stressed out, moved, started a new job, started a passion project and started blogging. While there is still plenty of time in December to make 2013 even more memorable, here's what I've learned so far:

  
Wine a little! 

Wine a little! 

"They say once we hit forty, women only have four taste buds left: one for vodka, one for wine, one for cheese and one for chocolate."

I think mine kicked in 10 years early because I enjoy about 50% of those items on a weekly basis. 



If she can do , I can do it! 

Be goofy! Be yourself! 

"I've learned that no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with."

Well I'm that friend! I learned to always take time out to have fun and be myself. While I can be the most serious person you'll ever meet, I can also be the goofiest person in the room. Be goofy and be yourself. It may just be the pick me up you've been waiting on. 


How can you not fall asleep here?

Rest Up!

"Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more."

I'm not sure how we can manage to survive without sleep,but we still try. Thankfully my body has unique ways of telling me it's time to check out; like head on keyboard with a side of drool moments at work. Sleep is very important, so take a step back, kick your feet up and rest!! 


Getting our "Gone with the wind" on!

Enjoy the small moments!

"If there is one thing I learned, it's that nobody is here forever. You have to live for the moment, each and every day...the here, the now."

Enjoy the here and now for what it is, here and now. While I listed out my goals for the future, I took a step back this year and enjoyed the little moments. For example, the image is something I've been wanting to do my entire adulthood. Not sure why we never got around to it, but as we passed a photo shop while shopping in Galveston, we finally stopped and did it, making it one of the best moments of 2013.  


Barely made a dent!

Have a carb!

"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cool."



Go ahead and eat a carb! You'll feel so much better afterwards! 
  -  A public service announcement from my hips and thighs! 






and the most important of them all.... 

Dream Big!! Dream Big!! Dream Big!!!

Live the life you've imagined! Create a vision, stick to it and you'll see everything fall into place!
Post It Dream House!  Who needs a vision board?

I hope the remainder of your year is amazing and I wish all of you an even more amazing 2014!