Sunday, December 1, 2013

Now what? 29 and Newly Employed!

Yes, I know it's been awhile but I have great news! 

After four months of being unemployed, Citizens Medical Center in Victoria, Texas decided to take a chance on me. Although a new industry, the job is in my background and I'm incredibly thankful for the opportunity. 

How did it happen?

After months of applying for random jobs and interviewing it all came to an end through a network connection. Our family doctor suggested I try the HR department at the neighboring hospital and after an initial meet and greet with the department executive, I was offered a position a week or so later. 

I started last Monday and it has been a wild ride so far. Not only did I underestimate the challenge ahead of me, but I underestimated the amount of physical and mental work involved. However, I've never been the type of girl to shy away from a challenge! I feel like all of my work and experience up to this point has prepared me to kick butt in this role...so I'm ready!!  

Now what? 

I'm not ready to give up on journal writing. This experience has been quite therapeutic and it has been awesome to talk with others about job searching, applying and interviewing. So I will continue to share my daily adventures, get others to share about their job search experiences through my Google+ community, Life of a Texas Job Seekers, and hopefully I'll be able to help someone in the process. Fingers crossed!  

Stay tuned! If nothing else, you'll enjoy reading the complete randomness of my mind. :)