Thursday, November 7, 2013

ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES BRANDI A DULL GIRL!

I don't know about anyone else but I wasn't motivated to search today. I applied for a few jobs this morning, caught up on my business news and read a few chapters of You Can Negotiate Anything (learned nothing), but I really just wanted to lay on the couch all day. 
We all need a few hours throughout the week to NOT think about work, right? 

Normally when I'm needing an escape I pick up a steamy romance novel (I know, TMI) but today I ordered a pizza and had a date with my DVR. Instead of escaping into yet another 50 Shades wannabe, I got caught up with Sleepy Hollow, Bones, The Mindy Project, New Girl, Ellen and The Originals. If you haven't watched any of these shows - STOP, and set up your DVR now! 

I would love a chance to dance like Ellen, live like Mindy, hang with the New Girl, kick ass like The Originals, talk like Bonesand finally escape to Sleepy Hollow. If nothing else, that would be one awesome blog entry the next day; if I survived I survived it all.  You're talking to the same girl who relinquished the rights of her car to a spider. Correction: a very large spider with a vendetta! I'm still amazed at how quickly I was able to pull over, place the car in park, and strip on the side of the road without causing any accidents.  

I know this entry didn't blow any minds but it was a lazy kind of day. To leave on a good note, a friend called to say a company verified my references today, so that's good news, right? I love it when I hear someone is interested in me, professionally, that is! 

I'm off to watch Revolution. Happy Thursday everyone and watch Scandal tonight!