Friday, November 1, 2013

Say What Now?!?

It's officially been 2 months since I started actively looking for a job (out of work 4 months) and I'm having a bad week! I know I said that I would grow and learn from each rejection and move on to the next job, but that doesn't make it sting any less.

After what I thought was an amazing phone interview, a recruiter tells me today that their client decided to go with another applicant for the face to face interviews. Although I was more qualified for the position they thought it was in their best interest to try candidate B first. I haven't been ruled out, but they'll let me know their decision soon. 

As much I appreciate not being ruled out....Say what now?? 
Since when are more qualified applicants ruled out first? 

World - What's going on out there? At one point in my career I used to take stock in the fact that I was the most qualified person for the job. It's what allowed me to progress in my career and push me to be the person I am today. Now, it's a curse! In the past few weeks I have come to loathe my experience! 

I'm not sure if the recruiter was feeding me a line to avoid confrontation or if this is the beginning of a long and painful career search, but either way today ended a bad, uneventful week.

Time for my 5 minute pity party!! 
"Ugh!!"
There's nothing wrong with that right?