Sunday, November 3, 2013

Go Figure! Can't a girl play hooky??

Of course when I decide to play hooky for a couple days my body actually rejects the idea! 

What happened? 

Early into my Saturday I developed one of my infamous migraines and I'm not sure about anyone else but mine are body crippling, painful and long term! So as I spent most of my Saturday in bed, with the lights off and a hot pad on my forehead, missing a gorgeous day! However, around midnight I decided enough is enough! So early Sunday AM - I grabbed a couple painkillers, my trusty sunglasses and braved the day! 

Am I glad I did it? Absolutely! 

It was a beautiful 65 degree day outside and for Texas that is AWESOME! I grabbed my pink pencil skirt, black sweater and pair of oh-so-lovely black boots (I thought it was important you had a visual) and headed off to church. 

Today's Sermon: Forgiveness! Have you truly forgiven the ones who have done you wrong?
For a grudge holder like myself, today's sermon helped me realize maybe it's time I let a few of them go! 

After church I headed to the only store that can put a smile on my face in the worst of situations, Target! 

By the way... New App Alert! 

Cartwheel! Facebook teamed up with Target to create a coupon haven for Target shoppers. If you love Target as much as I do, download it!! You browse the available coupons, tap the coupons you want and when you're done shopping you show the cashier your shopping cart barcode and voila...money saved! I actually saved money on everything I purchased today, which never happens when coupon cutting. The best part: as I was walking up and down the Target aisles, I entered a quick search for the items I needed and a coupon appeared. No more searching through tons and tons of Sunday ads. 

Target, you're welcome for the plug! I accept credit, cash and checks! 

Back to my day: 

After some much needed retail therapy I ventured to the local bar for a quick meal and completely forgot today was Football Sunday. Being that I could care less about most sports except Basketball, I was totally out of my element. As I sat down at the bar to order my meal I noticed every TV was on a game, with one side of the bar full of loyal Dallas Cowboy fans and the other side was full of, um...Cowboy haters? After about five minutes of listening to everyone's loyalties, I kindly whispered to my waiter "I'll take my order to go." and I was off to my football free home! 

Overall, it was an uneventful weekend. I had high hopes for a couple days of greatness to prepare myself for "work" on Monday, but it didn't quite work out like that. I'm glad I was able to get some rest and I can't wait to see what this week has in store for me! All of it, the good and bad!  

Monday's tasks: 
 (1) Follow up with a few recruiters while keeping a couple fingers crossed behind my back! 

 (2) Attend a free conference on "What you're doing wrong in your job search"...hoping I'll actually learn something and it won't be a complete waste of my time. 

 (3) Make a few more network connections and follow a couple leads on soon to be available jobs in town. I almost hate poaching but I figured it couldn't hurt to get my application in before the position becomes available.   

All while tending to the needs of 4 dogs and standing in as the family chauffeur! I have less than 4 hours left in my Sunday, so Dawson's Creek - here I come!