Saturday, November 2, 2013

Calling in Sick!

When I first started this search I was told that my new temporary job would be to 'Find a Job!'. Since I'm the type of person that requires a challenge or a task in order to function properly, I accepted the job and attacked it at full speed.

Like any other project it was fun in the beginning finding new opportunities, networking and reading articles about becoming the next big thing in business, but it's exhausting work; especially when there are little to no rewards for your hard work. So I've been thinking....I'm going to take a sick day or two! *cough*cough*

I have been 29 for 11 days and it's about time I stopped and enjoyed it! So for the next two days I'm not going to worry about which hiring manager will call next week, read another chapter of "Women, Work & the Art of Savoir Faire." I'm not going to research which Fortune 500 companies are headquartered in Texas or upload my resume to yet another niche job board. Instead....

I'm going to maybe take Lincoln and Bailey to the park (who wouldn't want to spend the weekend with them?), or hook up the DVD player and watch a couple seasons of Dawson's Creek. I know, I know...there are much better shows to watch, but when you're feeling nostalgic about the good ol' days - Dawson's Creek is home for me. I still get caught up in the love triangle between Joey, Dawson and Pacey! Who will she pick? How will it end?




Lincoln & Bailey (Top)
Maybe I'll make a pitcher of pomegranate mimosa's, order a pizza and read a romance novel? I could people watch at Starbucks, that's always fun. Maybe have a drink at the Hilton, but who likes drinking alone? I would love to do is go out with my girls for a couple drinks but driving 2 hours for a drink doesn't seem like a night of relaxation. Oh well, Dawson's Creek it is!

You know when I first started this entry I was feeling a little guilty about taking some me time, but now I'm just really excited about having a worry free weekend. If anyone asks, I'm sure my cough will be gone by Monday.